[labnetwork] fiji G2 Loading

Carsen Kline carsen at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 13 11:42:30 EDT 2023

Hello Peter,

I'm glad our videos were helpful - hit that subscribe button. Talking to our equipment engineer for the ALDs, he identified three major problem areas for the manual loader, all of which can cause dropped plates. One, the leaf springs break from fatigue. Two, the bearing assembly that holds the arm in place has two bearings supported in single shear with steel pins that can bend and allow the arm to droop. Three, the pins may loosen up from thermal cycling through contact with the hot plate.

I'm happy to chat more offline if you have any questions. The company also has helpful support through ALDSUPPORT at veeco.com for replacement parts and general inquiries.

Cheers,

Carsen
SNF